By Jan-Piet Mens
Supplying a whole survey of DNS (Domain identify approach) servers, this reference outlines the main appropriate forms of servers for various situations. Addressing functionality and protection concerns, this source describes intimately the appropriate eventualities for every server. extra subject matters mentioned contain how DNS info may be kept in LDAP (Lightweight listing entry Protocol) directories or SQL databases in addition to tips to build strong DNS platforms.
Read Online or Download Alternative DNS Servers: Choice and Deployment, and Optional SQL LDAP Back-Ends PDF
Best unix books
A step-by-step advisor to utilizing and constructing KDE purposes on Linux/UNIX platforms, Sams train your self KDE 1. 1 in 24 Hours teaches the basics of KDE on a number of platforms. how to navigate the dossier supervisor and home windows supervisor, get the main out of various instruments and utilities, use KDE's broad base of purposes, and extra.
* crucial analyzing for directors of pink Hat Linux who obtain the software program * The e-book to learn after The legitimate crimson Hat Linux User's advisor (0-7645-4967-7) * comprises high-end crimson Hat management guideline on positive aspects reminiscent of GRUB and ext3 * complex issues hide growing community scripts, configuring Apache and Samba, Kickstart installations, and configuration of significant protocols reminiscent of SSH, LDAP, DHCP, and BIND crimson HAT PRESS(TM) Linux recommendations from the specialists at purple Hat pink Hat-the world's best Linux company-presents a sequence of unmatched courses which are reviewed and authorized through the specialists at pink Hat.
This booklet types during the overwhelming mass of open resource protection instruments, chooses a number of the top, and exhibits community and approach directors the best way to use them to resolve universal protection challenge. Open resource safety instruments is a practicum. It tells readers what they should do to safe their networks, introduces best-in-class instruments, and exhibits readers tips to use them.
Overlaying X11 unlock five, the Xlib Programming guide is an entire consultant to programming the X library (Xlib), the bottom point of programming interface to X. It comprises introductions to internationalization, device-independent colour, font provider, and scalable fonts. contains chapters on: X Window procedure ideas an easy patron program Window attributes The portraits context images in perform colour occasions Interclient verbal exchange Internationalization The source supervisor an entire consumer program Window managementThis guide is a significant other to quantity 2, Xlib Reference handbook.
- IBM Certification Study Guide AIX Problem Determination Tools and Techniques
- HP Certified: HP-UX System Administration
- HP OpenView System Administration Handbook: Network Node Manager, Customer Views, Service Information Portal, HP OpenView Operations
- Unix for Mac: your visual blueprint for maximizing the foundation of Mac OS X
- Solaris 10 System Administration Essentials
- Essential System Administration: Commands and File Formats (Pocket Reference)
Additional info for Alternative DNS Servers: Choice and Deployment, and Optional SQL LDAP Back-Ends
1 Common query types and codes . . . . . . . . . . . . . 649 Copyright © UIT Cambridge Ltd. 2009. All rights reserved. For personal and noncommercial use only. Cheats will have fingers removed. 1 Safe fetchzone for MaraDNS . . . . . . . . . . . .
Cheats will have fingers removed. g. MyDNS or PowerDNS). In order to be as resilient as possible, you decide that you don’t want to have those accessible on the Internet, and deploy a “frontline” server which uses the file system as storage for the zone data, so that the front- line server can continue to operate even if the back-end fails. 10). A name server is called hidden (or stealth) if its address does not appear in the zone data anywhere on the network. Because no other servers point to the server, the public DNS has no knowledge of its existence.
Copyright © UIT Cambridge Ltd. 2009. All rights reserved. For personal and noncommercial use only. Cheats will have fingers removed. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 600 602 605 606 607 608 609 613 616 619 619 620 621 623 625 626 630 631 634 639 642 646 650 650 Preface What’s different about this book This book concentrates on two particular aspects of using the DNS: 1.
Alternative DNS Servers: Choice and Deployment, and Optional SQL LDAP Back-Ends by Jan-Piet Mens